New Model Redefines Small Shop
Home Coffee Roasting
As soon as there is any verified information concerning price, date of availability (probably in August/September), or any other information we will be posting updates here on the Hottop USA website.
Thank you for your patience! - Hottop USA
Hottop will soon be offering a new model of coffee roaster. Years of development and testing in our production and testing facility, and feedback for users have helped us create a coffee roasting appliance that uses standard household current, yet is capable of roasting up to one kilogram (approximately 2.2 pounds) of coffee at a time. This coffee roaster is aimed at two markets:
- The small coffee shop that needs a large capacity roaster to serve as a sample roaster as well as giving them an affordable way to roast small, "custom batches" for customers while they wait.
- The home enthusiast looking for an advanced, large-capacity home roaster capable of repeatability and dependable performance.
- Two heating elements can be controlled separately. Should allow this large-capacity roaster to roast smaller batches with control.
- Color, touch screen control and programming through multiple screens.
- Maximum Capacity: 1,000 grams (1Kg) - 2.2 pounds.
- Roasting time: 16-20 minutes.
- Electric drum roaster: 1,350 - 1,500 watts maximum. Able to use standard household outlet.
- Greatly improved chaff collection.
- Two chaff collectors - A tray under the drum and a stainless steel filter screen before the fan.
- Greatly improved smoke channeling through the interior of the roaster will easily allow indoor roasting.
- Included high-temperature, flexible hose which connects to an exhaust port to vent smoke out through an open window, into cooking vent, etc.
- Auto, Program, and Manual modes. Basically this combines the features of the "B" and "P" models, with an improved programmability in the "P" system.
- 21 Kg (44 pounds) in weight.
- USB port for saving, loading, and sharing of profiles.
- Touch screen control as well as computer control through USB port
- RS-232 port for computer control of the roaster and logging of roasts.
- Real-time graphing of roast progress
- Roast profiles can be saved internally as well as on a computer or on a USB flash drive. This will make sharing of profiles easy.
While this is a pre-production model, the hardware is ready for production as seen above. Final programming of the control system is currently being completed.
SOME FIRST IMAGES from the FACTORY:
(NOTE: These will be updated with better photos soon!)
- Large viewing window give full visual access to the roast chamber
- Touch screen LCD located on the front of the roaster means that you can watch the control panel and the beans concurrently.
- These are the only two control buttons. All other functions are controlled right from the screen.
- Mains power switch.
- large capacity cooling tray with forced-air cooling and multiple-arm agitation during cooling. This area also includes a port to pull much of the smoke from the ejected beans through the exhaust system.
- Difficult to see here, but this is a filter box containing a fine-mesh stainless steel screen to filter out bits of chaff before the flow of air enters the exhaust fan.
- Exhaust port and included hose adapter makes smoke control very easy in virtually any situation.
- Manual ejection knob. Pull in any emergency to eject beans
- Multiple vents allow cool air to be drawn into the roaster.
- Removable power cord
Please feel free to contact us for more information. Specifications subject to change without notice.